Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Traffic in Metro Manila is already a "crisis situation", hence the need for drastic measures like "no garage, no car policy," a government official said. "Traffic is caused by many factors like lack of infrastructure spendin...
The City Social Welfare and Development Office headed by Dorothy Evangelista, together with the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children (GPEVAC), holds a two-day Adult Stakeholders Workshop to End Violence Against Children at the City Hal...
Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto said a social media post which he considers “fake news” is being spread to discredit him. “Ingat, mga Pasigueño! Nagsisimula na naman sila sa fake news campaign nila (Beware, Pasigueños! Th...
A Quezon City councilor asked the Department of Transportation (DOTr) to explain why it shelved the Manila Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) projects. Quezon City Councilor Winston “Winnie” Castelo has questioned the department for failing to impl...
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) arrested 293 drug suspects who are considered high-value targets (HVTs) from June 2018 to June 2019, an official said Monday. Based on its data, NCRPO head, Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar said the inten...
Marikina City opened the private subdivisions to traffic and now requires establishments to have garage facilities. In a statement, a Marikina official said the city government will remove the gates of subdivisions to allow the public to use th...