Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The Landbank of the Philippines has launched a financial assistance program to support former rebels (FRs) under the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP). Task Force Balik-Loob (TFBL) and LandBank signed a memorandum of agr...
Several members of the Philippine Army bagged gold medals at various sports competitions in December 1 and 2 during the 30th South East Asian Games. They were able to win a total of seven gold medals from Speak Takraw, Arnis, Judo, and Basketball ev...
The Philippine men’s volleyball team defeated Thailand with a 17-25, 25-20, 23-25, 27-25, 17-15 victory Sunday night to advance to the gold medal match of the 30th Southeast Asian Games at the PhilSports Arena. The Filipino spikers ranked...
Olympians Rogen Ladon and Charly Suarez of the Philippines earned semis berth in the boxing competitions of the 30th Southeast Asian Games by outclassing their respective quarterfinal foes at the PICC Forum. Ladon dispatched Indonesia’s A...
State-run Social Security System (SSS) said more than 60,000 Filipinos in South Korea will soon enjoy the benefits of social security coverage and protection both from their host and mother countries following the signing of the bilateral agreem...
Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso and Vice Mayor Maria Sheilah "Honey" Lacuna-Pangan met with the representatives of Cyberdyne, a company specialized in utilizing robotics for patients with neurological disorders. Cyber...